Sunday, October 18, 2015

DIY | Bathroom Decor

I took to Pinterest, as per usual, for help with some deco ideas for my bathroom. It just seemed really dull. I have a cute shower curtain with coordinating towels and rugs, and a few little decorative items on my counter, but there was still something missing. The bare wall behind the toilet was quite annoying. It was just....well...bare. I thought about finding one of those shelves that go over the back of the toilet, but honestly I just couldn't find one. I found a few ideas on pinterest and kind of tweaked it to make it my own. 
I started at TJ Maxx. I found a couple wicker baskets that were light enough to hang on my wall, but still sturdy enough to hold things. 
The larger one was $9.99 and the smaller was $7.99. 
At Lowe's, I found a heavy duty picture hanging kit which included nails and hooks. The kit was about 5 bucks and I still have plenty left for future projects.

I decided how high I wanted the "shelves" and made a guide to try to get them as level as possible. I nailed two hooks into the wall (for each basket) and hooked the baskets to the wall, bottom facing the wall, by wicker. I tested the stability by pushing down on the baskets. I applied more pressure than I imagined was necessary, but I wanted to make sure they were sturdy. 

Here's the finished product!


xo, Liv


No comments:

Post a Comment